Mom's Pizza Dough
1 package of yeast
1c warm water
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp olive (or vegetable) oil
2 1/2m - 3 1/2 c flour
Dissolve yeast in bowl, add salt and oil and 2 1/2 c flour. mix speed: 2 for 1 minute. Add flour 1/2 c at a time, mix until dough clings to hook? cleans sides (about 2 min) knead on 2 for 2 more minutes. Placed in greased bowl let rise 1 hr. Roll out, top, take at 450 for 15-20 minutes. (8 minutes, switch racks, another 8 min.)
I hope you can understand it. Mom write her recipes in such a way that it is hard for any but herself to understand easily.
1c warm water
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp olive (or vegetable) oil
2 1/2m - 3 1/2 c flour
Dissolve yeast in bowl, add salt and oil and 2 1/2 c flour. mix speed: 2 for 1 minute. Add flour 1/2 c at a time, mix until dough clings to hook? cleans sides (about 2 min) knead on 2 for 2 more minutes. Placed in greased bowl let rise 1 hr. Roll out, top, take at 450 for 15-20 minutes. (8 minutes, switch racks, another 8 min.)
I hope you can understand it. Mom write her recipes in such a way that it is hard for any but herself to understand easily.
We have a family name for pizza: zzzzzzzip. I will work it from the beginning: When I was little, Mom and Dad would spell out the word to each other so that I would not go screaming around the house because we were getting pizza. When I learned to read, that no longer worked. For some time they would spell it backwards. A few years later, we suddenly began to say p-i-z-z-a rather than pizza. Then we turned it around: a-z-z-i-p (if you ask me to spell pizza, this will always be the first spelling to come into my mind. We used it for years.) William, I think, was the first to realise that this said "a zipper". Which got shortened to "a zip". Which gets blurred to "zzzzzip". And that is why we call pizza a zipper.
And here I found a video on my camera of the Fourth's fireworks. You can easily see the streetlight in the way. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment