Dad just showed me a clip from the Olympics (We haven't watched it that much...) and I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was WOW. Swimming relay race, and the final score was made by 8/100th of a second. Watch it here: http://www.nbcolympics.com/swimming/news/newsid=194272.html#after+thriller+phelps+back+more
School started today, but I didn't start until the afternoon because of a babysitting job. Oh, my math book (Algebra by Harold R. Jacobs) has lots of funny comics and stuff in it. This was on the very front: (It's a lot better with the pictures, but these are the words. And the pople aren't people; one looks like a duck. There is an adult sitting next to a kid, teaching him or something).
The adult: An' the formoola we uses is algebra---invented by a fella name of 'Al'
Inasmuch as he done such a good job, the formoola was named after him--- bein' called Al-gebra 'cause he was a zebra.
The kid: Al- Zebra?!
Zebra don't got no "G" in it. So how could---
The adult: Who said it do?
The kid: An' algebra don't got no "Z".
The grown-up: Algebra got nothin' not "Z's" and X's" in it!
Kid: True, true
Tonight I had volleyball practice. Our new coach is awesome!
And sorry that this is all small type- I couldn't get it back to normal no matter what I did!!!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment