This is my first "plain colored pencil" drawing in a long time. Plus, the photo I was copying was four inches big... not the best size for detail!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
A Duck
For some reason unknown even to myself, I have not been doing that much art lately. Just not inspired. Yesterday, however, I undertook the gigantic (and I mean humongous) task of organizing my desk- which meant sorting all the art supplies stashed in little nooks and crannies. I also found an old birdwatching book. I opened it to a random page, pulled out my trusty pencils, and drew a duck. Not sure what kind of duck, but it's a pretty duck with a shiny green head. :) I actually spent more than 15 minutes on this picture- a record of about one and a half hours! I'm a little surprised I managed to spend that much time drawing without stopping in the middle and going and doing something else, as usual, but... here is my attempt!
This is my first "plain colored pencil" drawing in a long time. Plus, the photo I was copying was four inches big... not the best size for detail!
This is my first "plain colored pencil" drawing in a long time. Plus, the photo I was copying was four inches big... not the best size for detail!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW Shaylynn, that duck is amazing keep up the good work.
ReplyDeletefantastic uncle mike
ReplyDelete