Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wentzville

Today we went to Wentzville to check out what it is like...
For those of you who haven't heard, we will probably be moving there. Dad got a job offer, he just told us three days ago. It's in the outskirts of St. Louis. I'm not sure whether to be crazily excited or morbidly sad. :) lol
So, here are a few things I learned from out visit:

1) Wentzville HAS HILLS. The boys were so horribly worried that there would be no hills. We have discovered that the phenomena that no one appreciates until it snows does exist up there, even though the hills are smaller. So, thankfully, our family has been saved from the horrible fate that comes from having no hills to torture yourself on bike rides with. lol.

2) The restraunt called Red Robin's has TV's in the bathroom. Why? I don't know. They also have a television in the floor. Covered with clear plasitc or something. Because, of course, everyone's greatest desire is to stand and look down and the little television world moving around beneath their feet.

3) Panera Bread is called St. Louis Bread Company! But only in St. Louis. Outside of St. Louis it is called Panera.


... I've been thinking about GK Chesterton's quote: An inconvience is only an adventure wrongly considered.
I'm going to try to think of this like an adventure...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed to hear that you guys are moving! Grace was pretty bummed to, but happy that you'll at least be in Missouri. :) I couldn't find any meaning for your name either... :( It's spelled Shaylynn right?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your moving:( I"ll really miss you.
    I hope I you can still come to church! We need to stay in contact on our blogs. By the way I'm up dating my blog more! You should see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace- great! Update your blog like crazy, I love following blogs. Allysa, yes, it's spelled Shaylynn. It'd be hard to find it, but you could look up Shay (or Shea) and Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I know everyone else is sad... but if you move I will be happy because it is closer to us! so we could come see you more often- babysit even, and come see your games and stuff! Red Robin is an overpriced weird resturant- but there are many more great ones! There are hills everywhere in Missouri!!!
    Plus, you will be really close to Tracy & Joe, Phil & Tara... and your cousins too! It won't be so bad. There will be lots of acting to do to in St. Louis, I know kids that take acting classes and there are local acting groups and of course the schools have it too.
    keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails