Thursday, March 18, 2010

Unicycle

I feel like both bragging and despairing about my unicycle skills. I've been riding more often lately--enough to actually learn skills like turning and such.

I'm not much of a daredevil risktaker, so I probably spend alot longer on each skill than your average unicycler...

My unicycle skills so far:
Riding straight for who-knows-how-long
Mounting with only one hand holding something
Turning left--both wide and sharp
Turning right--both wide and sharp
A wide figure eight
Riding uphill
Riding downhill
Stationary freemount (this took a long time to learn)
Rolling freemount (I learned after stationary, without intending to, actually)
Back dismount
Front dismount

Things I have done on a unicycle:
Riding for a mile-- both up and down the steep hills in our neighborhood
Riding in a skirt
Swordfighting with my brother (who was on the ripstick)
Riding on grass
Riding up/downhill in grass, with lots of bumps
Never fallen on anything but my feet and occasionally hands

Skills I am working on/want to learn 
Idling
Backwards riding
Hopping
Spinning
Jumping
One foot riding
Not using arms for balance (so I can do things with my hands!)
...and much, much more!

Things I really, really want to learn:
How to make the soles of my feet NOT cramp up while on a unicycle. I just don't get it. I mean, my feet cramp and get sore alot, but on the unicycle?
How to ride without making my bottom go numb after fifteen minutes
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails