Friday, October 9, 2009

Contradictory? I don't think so.

Random facts about me that some might think contradictory.


I am Catholic
No, I do not worship statues
I am a Christian. (Yes! Catholics are Christians!)

I homeschool
I do not get to do school in my pajamas (except when I am sick- days when the rest of y'all would get a day off)

I think Emma Wodehouse (a Jane Austen character) is a blockhead
I would rather be Emma than Bella Swann!

I can ride a unicycle
I often trip over flat surfaces

Click "read more" to read the rest. btw, "read more" might be underneath the "you might also like" widget.


My favorite music genre is 80's rock
My second favorite is classical/orchestral

I love music
I am musically challenged (literally can't sing, barely play piano, can't identify individual notes when I hear them)

I believe in finding cures and helping sick people
I DON'T believe in embryonic stem cell research. That is a baby you are experimenting with!

I love logic. common sense, wisdom (though I have little of that!), etc.
I am a self-proclaimed crazy person

I believe that God made the world and everything in it.
I believe that Adam and Eve were our first parents
I also believe that the theory of evolution (but not the atheist Darwinism!) is possible, and not contradictory to the Christian faith

I think that Cedric Diggory is cute
I think that Edward Cullen is a stalker
(Take that, Pattison! btw, Robert? Pattison played both roles)

Life gives me lemons
I make root beer
(Okay, okay. I wish I could make root beer. Then I'd drink it every day. But rest assured that I will make something random and creative, not lemonade)

I am a teenager
I have never had a boyfriend, nor do I intend to have one for at least a few years

I love clothes! And jewelry! And fashion!
And yet I happen to own lots of skirts... and I don't wear anything revealing.

The Bible is the word of God.
Tradition (with a capital "T") is also the word of God- handed down from Jesus to His apostles

I "love" school
I "hate" school

Sometimes I have to ask you 3 or 4 times to repeat what you just said
But I'll usually ask you to crank that music down a bit.

I am a conservative Christian
I don't think that Harry Potter puts you in any more spiritual danger than The Lord of the Rings! (Although I will most enthusiastically assure you that LotR is way better than Harry Potter)

I mispronounce nearly every word I say
I know more fancy words than lots of people do. And yes, I am saying that merely for the sake of being grandiloquent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails