Friday, October 9, 2009

Rambling thoughts pertaining to glasses and truth. :P

This is a somewhat random, rambling, confusing blog post...
My eyes have been sore from my contacts recently, so I haven't wore them except for volleyball. My glasses have found a nice little niche next to some favorite books on my bookshelf/nightstand... hey, if you are around the house all day, why do you need to wear glasses? You can just take the few extra steps up to the clock to see the time. I could practically go around my house blind! (Except for the fact that I would inevitably trip and fall over the myraid random messes cluttering every imaginable bit of the floor...)

To get back to my point.
Everything is slightly blurry when I do not have my glasses on. For years, this had never bothered me. My eyes had become blurry so slowly that I didn't notice they were becoming blurry.
If Mom hadn't asked why I wasn't able to see the clock on the microwave, I might not have realized that I wasn't seeing 20/20. When I got my glasses, I was amazed at how clear things could actually be. I'd either never known or never realized.

The fact that my glasses are not on now brought that back to mind again. A few years ago, I didn't realize that my vision was blurry, because I didn't know (or had forgotten) what "clear" vision was. Would I recognize just how wonderful clear vision is, if I had never had blurry vision?

To bring that same question up a huge notch: If we didn't know what evil is, would we know what good is? In the garden, Adam and Eve knew only good... Would they have eaten the apple if they knew what evil was? Would we, now, be able to love God as perfectly as us flawed humans are capable, if we didn't know about evil?

Sorry to end the post with rambling questions... Thats just me. :P I guess it doesn't have to end in a question- it can end in a statement.

God has a plan for everything. Nothing happens without being a part of that plan somehow, in someway.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails