Monday, November 10, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

Um, this is a quick poem written in the car awhile back on Daylights Saving Day (or what is it called, the switch from Daylights Saving into Standard?)

I wonder where that extra hour
Has been biding its time.
Maybe it's been in the fruit bowl
Next to apples and lime.

Perhaps that hour had disappeared
Where the electrons go
When they, from the exothermic
To endothermic flow.

Has the extra hour hidden
With the missing pencils
In a box with socks and needles
Tiny toys and stencils.

Maybe its stashed itself away
Inside the pages of a book
Or curled inside a leaf
Or in any cranny or nook.

I don't know where that hour went
Whether it hid or flew
But I do know that I slept in
And got up on time, too.


Please don't laugh. Yes, I was having trouble with my chemistry assignments when I wrote this (I still don't know where those electrons go). And that drawer with all the stuff also has batteries, hair ties, books, erasers, flashlights, etc.
What does that "missing drawer" have in your house?

2 comments:

  1. Well done. I can imagine you had as much fun writing it as we had reading it. Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I was going through all your posts and pictures, and you are one talented young lady! I'm so proud to be your cousin, and can't wait to see you all again!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails