I had spent around three weeks last summer crocheting my first scarf-- a giant Gryffindor scarf for William's birthday. I did it in single crochet, and was just learning how it was done... it took a long time! It was all cricked and wavy, too.Well, William loved his scarf. It was nice and warm, so he wore it out in the snow. It is our homeschool colors, so he wore it on Catholic School's Week. It's Gryffindor, so he wore it when dressed up as HP.
Well, when we built Mr. George Snowman, we needed a scarf. William's was handy, so Mom put it on the snowman. I objected; I thought the snow would turn to ice and the scarf would be stuck and/or ruined.
But Mr. George Snowman got decked out as a Gryffindor.
The scarf was supposed to come inside in a day or two. But when we went to get it... it was gone. There were obvious signs of the scarf having been yanked off the snowman. It could not have been the wind because the gloves were still there. Someone had stolen the scarf!!! :(
Well, I don't have the heart to go through and make another one of those. Single crocheting a six inch wide, four foot long scarf takes a long time. However, I am pulling out the leftover yarn and double crocheting a new scarf as I watch the Olympics... We want to have one for the HP7 premeire!
What is really sad is that anyone would think it was OK. Sad to say, I think we had a Slytherin stop by our snowman... The colors of the noble Hogwarts house don't belong to them. :P Oh, well. Lets say some prayers for the theif, right?

That's really sad!! I can't believe someone stole your scarf!!
ReplyDelete*quiet voice* I'm a slytherin. . . my mummy just finsihed my green and silver scarf. :D